Listening To The Spice Girls

Track 01 - Wanna Be
Your and my introduction to the Spices, no?

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends,
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is."

Now, slam your body down and zigazig ah!


Track 02 - Say You'll Be There
One of my favourite.

"If you, put two and two together
you will see what our friendship is for (Oh)
If you can't work this equation then
I guess I'll have to show you the door
There is no need to say you love me,
It would be better left unsaid"


Track 03 - 2 Become 1
Another one of my favourites. A very sensual song. I must say, I was innocent enough back then, because *I* didn't catch on the meaning of 'put it on, put it on' part in this song :p

"Be a little bit wiser baby, put it on, put it on
'cause tonight is the night when 2 become 1"

Yeah :p


Track 04 - Mama
Sigh. I can not even try to sing this song. Every time I hear it, I will cry from beginning to end!

"Back then I didn't know why
Why you were misunderstood
So now I see through your eyes
All that you did was love "

Mama, I love you. Mama, my friend :(


Track 05 - Who Do You Think You Are?

"You have got to swing it shake it move it make it
who do you think you are?
Trust it use it prove it groove it
show me how good you are
Swing it, shake it, move it, make it,
who do you think you are?
Trust it, use it, prove it, groove it,
show me how good you are."

For watching their Istanbul's concert video repeatedly (as in every night before bedtime, as well as during the day and night over the weekends), I have memorised the dance sequence for this song and I *still* do remember them! Muahaha!


Track 06 - Move Over
Generation next. A song they did for Pepsi if I'm not mistaken.

"Let me tell you 'bout a thing, gotta put it to the test,
It's a celebration, motivation, generation next
Well sow me the seed, every colour, every creed,
Teach never preach, listen up and take heed"


Track 07 - Spice Up Your Life

"Colours of the world
Spice up you life
Every boy and every girl
Spice up your life
People of the world
Spice up your life
Aaaahh!!! "

Yup, I remember this dance step too.


Track 08 - Too Much
My favourite song!

"What part of no don't you understand
I want a man not a boy who thinks he can"

Lalalalalala...


Track 09 - Stop
I know the hand moves for the chorus part of this song as well. Lol.

"Stop right now, thank you very much,
I need somebody with the human touch,
Hey you always on the run,
Gotta slow it down baby, gotta have some fun."

Great fun, that ;)


Track 10 - Viva Forever

"Viva Forever, I'll be waiting
Everlasting, Like the sun
Live Forever, for the moment
Ever searching, for the one"


Track 11 - Let Love Lead The Way

"Part of me laughs
Part of me cries
Part of me wants to question why
Why is there joy
Why is there pain
Why is there sunshine and the rain"


Track 12 - Holler
This is actually quite nice after listening to it again now.

"I wanna make you holler and hear you scream my name
I'll give you rules to follow so you can play my game
Imagine us together, be driving you insane
You will give into me, don't be afraid to play my game"

It's all about sex, babeh.


Track 13 - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)
I like this chorus part very much.

"Let’s make the headlines, loud and true
(Say you love me and I’ll say I love you too)
I wanna tell the world I’m giving it all to you
(Just remember what simple words can do)
Let’s make the headlines, loud and clear
(All that I have I give to you my friend)
The best things suddenly happen when you are here
(Just remember friendship never ends)
And if I lost my way you’d carry me home
Take me all the way to heaven, never leave me alone (everything)
And it’s just like everything matters when you are near (matters when you’re near)"


Track 14 - Voodoo
Is this a new song? Hmmm... I think so. It sounds too 'High School The Musical' for me, though.

"Get up and use your voodoo
You know you want it bad (so bad)
You wanna lead the way yeah you do
Be the best you know you can"


Track 15 - Goodbye
No no no noooooo. No no no noooooo.

"The times when we would play about,
The way we used to scream and shout.
We never dreamt you'd go your own sweet way"


That's about it. This is their Greatest Hits album. Apparently, there's another album called Spice Girls - Now Return? I couldn't find any news or information on it though.

Oh well...

xoxo

Comments

nong said…
Woohoo!! I love most of the songs but the one closer to the heart was 2 Become 1.. hehehehe... oh those memoriess....

Popular Posts