Stardust

The bleh events of Thursday has been fully redeemed by great company, Burger King and this movie. Hurrah!

We went into the movie without any expectation and we were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed it. Isn't it nice to be surprised when you least expected it?

I, for one, enjoyed myself immensely! I laughed so much. In fact, I think Sue and I were the only two that laughed a lot throughout. The other patrons are rather stoned, we think. It's either that, or they didn't get the jokes :p

I can still grin goofily whenever I imagined Rupert Everett in his character (omg! you couldn't have recognized him at first sight) or Ricky Gervais' chicken clucking or Robert De Niro's antics as a gay pirate.

I like the exchanges between the two protagonist, Tristan and Yvaine. I think Yvaine was very witty. Tristan was very blur-blur naive sort of a hero, which was fantastically adorable and he's such a sappy romantic. He's cute too. Cleaned up very nicely after being given a make over by Captain Shakespeare ;)

This movie is an adult romantic adventure fairy tale, based on a book written by Neil Gaiman. I find the story quirky, funny and fun.

There was this sequence in the movie when Yvaine poured her heart out to Tristan (in a form of a mouse after being cursed by a witch named Ditchwater Sal), that I find very romantic and suitable to be used to ask your love for her hand in marriage, on bended knee no less...

What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts, no goods, no demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.

Le sigh.

Go see it and catch it on the big screen while you can. I'm definately buying the video when it's out and the book too while I'm at it.

Addendum @ 2345:
The video to the soundtrack, by Take That titled Rule The World.




I likeeeee...

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts