The Golden Compass Premiere


Can I do this in point form? I need to jump on my husband in a minute as a reward for being sweet. He let me enjoy this movie with my movie buddy even though he had to come over himself to redeem the tickets for us.

What? Too much information for you? Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Together with the invites, we each got a mini kaleidoscope as a door gift.
  • We were asked to check in half an hour before the show.
  • We're not allowed to bring in any recording device, even mobile phones whether or not it has camera / video capabilities. We're asked to leave it at the front desk. Not only that, security personnel scanned our bodies and searched our bags!
  • A box of popcorn and a bottle of mineral water or a can of Coke awaits us at our seats. That's major. The last time I went to a premiere (like yonks ago actually), we got nothing but memories :-p
  • The movie was fantastic!
  • Although I must say I was a bit lost at the beginning part of it, trying to understand what's going on.
  • The fighting scenes were the best ever. I was biting my nails and sitting at the edge of my seat! When the good guys won, I wanted to roar like the bear or clap my hands in victory.
I didn't finish reading the book in time for the movie screening and in some way, I'm glad. If not, I'd start picking on details. It's no fun, really, being THAT anal about details. I've just read a few chapters, and yet I can notice how certain scenes are not played out as it were in the book. But it's really nothing major, just details ya' know. It doesn't really hurt the entire plot or storyline.

But I must warn that this movie has no ending... yet. There are two more books and if I'm not mistaken, we've to wait until 2009 to see the next installment. Unless of course, you start to read the books first to know how it ends.

Speaking of which, Borders has just opened a store in The Gardens today. Huzzah!! I'm never leaving this place now, I tell ya ;-)

But as usual, I digress.

What I really wanted to know now is who exactly is Mrs Coulter and where her loyalty lies. Is she helping Lyra or she's with the establishment? Is Lord Asriel really Lyra's uncle or is he what as Mrs Coulter implied (I'm not telling :-p)?

I should get on with my reading then.

Anyhoo, a good movie to watch. I hope it'll do well in the box office when it opens tomorrow (or today? Whatever).

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts