Because I am suddenly inundated with books, here's a fun meme I found from Lost (and Found) Memes site!
1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
Fifteen servants wearing the traditional blue and silver livery of the Earl of Cameron left Havenhurst at dawn on the same day. Dammit! Have you forgotten how you felt when you lost Jamie? By the time he'd found the right length and width, Alexandra had already removed her bonnet and pelisse. That was not going to be true on the majority of cases at the ball, however. He told her that with a laughing groan as her hand drifted lower.