Life is half spent before we know what it is.Wow. I'm 35 today. Thirty freaking five! I wanted to be sad and sorry for myself, but I'm not actually. I'm rather happy about it. A little bit apprehensive, too to be honest.
I mean, what have I accomplished? I'm still clueless about life. I'm at where I remember how my parents were at this age, and they appeared to be more mature and collected than I am at this point in time. I also remember my long ago bosses who became one of the youngest Sr Manager and CEO at this age respectively. Whom, last I checked, the former has a teenage daughter going to college and the latter have recently taken a short rest from the corporate world.
Do you remember a tv series called Thirtysomething? I remember it vaguely. Even they seemed to look all mature and successful. So unlike me :p
Sigh. What am I to do with myself?
Lets see what exciting events happened on this day...
- 1314 - Jacques de Molay, the 23rd and the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar is burned at the stake. Ah-huh.
- 1850 - American Express is founded by Henry Wells & William Fargo. Coolness!
- 1909 - Einar Dessau uses a short-wave radio transmitter, becoming the first radio broadcaster. Brilliant!
- 1944 - The eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Italy kills 26 and causes thousands to flee their homes. That's sad.
- 1965 - Cosmonaut Aleksei Leonov, leaving his spacecraft Voskhod 2 for 12 minutes, becomes the first person to walk in space. That's hot.
- 1989 - In Egypt, a 4,400-year-old mummy is found in the Pyramid of Cheops. That's dead.
- 2005 - The first-ever Muslim Friday prayer led by a woman in a mixed-gender congregation is held in New York City, marking a break with a 1426-year Islamic tradition. Whatever happened to this issue, btw.
Happy birthday to me =)