Apples in April

Wow. We're already in April. The fifth day of the month. Has it been a week since my trip to Bali? Was that real or just a dream? Must be real because I've photos of it. And I thought I'd blog about my trip but now I'm too lazy to collect my thoughts on it.

You may just be content with my Flickr album, then. I've written some things there, of which I don't think I should repeat it here. A bit redundant lah! However, it is still a work in progress. I've so far uploaded the Day 2 sets of the trip.

Speaking of dreams, I had a weird one last night. I dreamt I was a contestant in Akademi Fantasia. You heard me right!! RTFLMAO! That bloke Ramli MS was the principal and I was to perform a song by Anita Sarawak, which troubled me so because I could not remember if I know how to sing the song or not.

It was so bizzare that I woke up dumbfounded. What the heck was that about. Lol.

Mira has discovered a new word which she likes to repeat to exclaim shock -- Oh my gosh! The way she says it sounds familiar (that Rugrats show on Nick) but I don't think she has watched that show before. But then again, you'll never know with kids ;)

I've just finished reading the second part of the Saga of Darren Shan. I'm hooked. I'm trying to check myself from rushing to the nearest bookstore to buy the next installment of the trilogy. I'm not sure I can wait though...

I stumbled upon the book innocently enough. I spend some time at Borders to check out the Twilight series and the Black Dagger Brotherhood (BDB) books. I couldn't remember the author's name of BDB (JR Ward, now I remembered!) and wasn't sure if I should buy Twilight or some other romance book when I discovered Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan.

It's another coming of age series ala Potter, just so you know. If Potter was a wizard, Darren Shan is a half-vampire.

As I couldn't make any decision, I left without buying anything. That weekend we went to Jusco and I went into MPH, saw the book, picked it up and paid :p

There are 12 books in the whole saga. You can opt to either buy the books separately or in a band of threes. As an introduction for me, I bought the first book (which costs only RM19.90) as stand alone. I was intrigued by it's tale and by the end of that week, I bought book 2 and 3 plus the second trilogy set (book 4-6) from Borders.

I'm now itchy to get my hands on the third trilogy set of book 7-9.

Itchy... itchy... itchy!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts