by Dana Williams
So you’re attending a baby shower and you don’t know what to get the new mom. You want something that’s practical and something that the new mom will appreciate, but you also want something unique and memorable. You might even browse the internet for some ideas, but nothing quite seems appealing to you. Why not make a gift basket? I know what you’re thinking. I’m not creative. I don’t have the time. Rest assured, it’s not that difficult, and it won’t take much time.
Gift baskets are very popular today and indeed a wonderful gift idea for a new mom. Or, you can do it yourself by putting together all baby items that you like for the baby. Here’s how you can make one:
1. First decide on the size of the basket that you will use. A very large basket may be difficult to fill, so a medium sized is recommended. Usually, craft stores sell baskets of different sizes, shapes and colors. Shredded tissue paper and raffia make great fillers to be layered at the basket’s bottom, alongside with baby towels and blankets.
2. If you do have a large basket, you can easily fill it up by choosing bigger items as well, such as crib comforters, stuffed bunny or teddy, pillows or crib bumpers.
3. Take into consideration the baby’s gender, when selecting items to put in the basket. For a first baby, there will be many things that he will need. Having to look at a baby registry if the mom to be has one, can help a lot, since you will know what the baby really needs. If there is none, you could always ask the mom what else she needs for the baby.
4. Consider having a theme. Decide what you’ll put into the basket. You can load the basket with everything pink for a baby girl or everything blue for a baby boy, or what about having Pooh or a dinosaur design. A bedtime theme basket filled with story books, music CD, blankets, pillows, pajama, musical crib mobile and a teddy bear can be a wonderful idea. Be creative and let your imagination soar.
5. Here’s another great idea. Instead of using a basket, a baby tub, a diaper bag, a small laundry basket or a trunk can also be used.
6. For a tub, you can fill it with baby bathing accessories, such as soaps, towels, bubble bath, powder, baby shampoo, lotion and bath rubber toys.
7. For the trunk, you can fill it with baby’s keepsake book, monogrammed items, receiving blankets, heirloom items, a picture frame and an inspirational book all about mom and baby. You can also place a little inspirational note containing all your wishes for the baby, to add a more personal touch to your gift.
8. For the laundry basket, you can fill it with cute slippers, diapers, baby comb and brush, booties, and baby clothes.
Hopefully, this has given you some ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Baby gift baskets make great baby gifts because you can give the new mom lots of items you know she’ll use and cherish.
If you decide that making your own baby gift basket is not an option for you, you can always purchase one already made. There are several online baby gift stores that sell unique baby gift baskets.
Dana Williams is the founder of http://www.DanasGiftBasketExpress.com, an online baby gift store, specializing in diaper cakes and unique baby gift baskets. Sign up for Dana’s free 5 day ecourse “Baby Showers Revealed” at http://www.BabyDiaperCakes.biz.
Article Source: WAHM Articles