Pastiche

pastiche \pas-TEESH; pahs-\, noun:
1. A work of art that imitates the style of some previous work.
2. A musical, literary, or artistic composition consisting of selections from various works.
3. A hodgepodge; an incongruous combination of different styles and ingredients.

Jane celebrated her birthday last Friday, I forgot to mentioned that. I was told by Peter that a friend of theirs bought two return tickets to London as her birthday gift. And they're flying business.

Now, how come I don't have excessive generous friends like that?

I wasn't feeling too well the whole of last week and it has somewhat killed my appetite. I didn't take breakfast or lunch for 7 consecutive days (make it 8 now). I hardly take any dinner either. I think this will continue because I really haven't discovered my appetite back.

I managed to lose some weight (hurrah!), though. I think I lost some inches at the waist, too.

Now, I have a problem -- my jeans keep slipping down. If I let it be, I'm sure it'll eventually dropped off. I should be happy, but I just bought this blasted pair last month.

As strange as this may sound, I am confident my conscious has made up its mind this time. After all these while, it has come to this. I believe the inevitable will happen. It will eventually happen -- not today, tomorrow or even next month. Some time this year sounds about right.

At this point in time, I'm just letting things run its own course. There's no need to hurry. Even though I am nervous and wary about this, but it does felt right.

My only hope is that the other party will be prepared for what's coming in the next few months. It shouldn't come as a surprise, I think. The signs should be making its appearance soon enough. I think he feels it but still overconfident it'll not come to that.

And when that time comes, I will remind you again of this peculiar entry.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts