The New TV Classics, A Meme?

I saw the soon-to-be-a-new-mommy-for-the-3rd-time did this New TV Classic list thingy that was based on this EW's list, and I'm intrigued. Even if she didn't holler at me, I'd do it anyway. Lol.

Out of the 100 New TV Classics listed, these are / were my favourites:

1.
THE SIMPSONS (1989-present)
What's not to like?

4. THE X-FILES (1993-2002)
Aaahhh... Mulder and Scully. I'd tried to never miss an episode. However, I stopped following the series after the alien abducted Mulder and we're left with Scully and Doggett.

5. SEX AND THE CITY (1998-2004)
I diligently followed the show since it's pilot. No, no. It's just not about sex. It's also about their friendship and relationship (or lack of). Oh, and fashion (ahuh).

7. THE COSBY SHOW (1984-92)
Left you feeling good at the end of every episode, doesn't it? There's another show that I like to watch side-by-side around this time. The Jeffersons, I think the name was.

9. FRIENDS (1994-2004)
They're so funny. Another show that I followed since their debut.

10. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (1997-2003)
I'm a Buffy / Spike shipper. Sorry Angel :p

15. THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW (1986-present)
A good show to watch when you want a good cry to relief stress. Hehe.

20. BEVERLY HILLS, 90210 (1990-2000)
I went crazy over this show, that I'd taped every episode at that time! Then, I'll watch it again and again. Could never get enough. Who're my favourite? Brenda and Dylan, of course :p

21. ROSEANNE (1988-97)
I watch this mainly because of Darlene. Her sarcastic one-liners amused me much.

24. STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION (1987-94)
I think I've 'boldly go where no man has gone before' since William Shatner was the Captain! The ultimate cult TV over here, people. I find this one was to be my favourite. Maybe because I was old enough by then to have a crush on Wesley Crusher. Haha!

25. MIAMI VICE (1984-89)
Gawd. What was I thinking??? Lol.

30. LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN (1993-present)
Other than the interviews conducted by Dave, my favourite segments are 'Top Ten' and 'Sink or Float'. Haha.

32. GILMORE GIRLS (2000-07)
I like the grandmother-mother-daughter dynamics in this series.

35. CSI (2000-present)
My favourite CSI team ever!

41. FRASIER (1993-2004)
Full of lovable characters. Maybe also because it's a spin-off from Cheers. I like that show, too.

48. ALLY MCBEAL (1997-2002)
Quirky. Funny. Entertaining. Lots of awesome stars in it -- Lucy Liu, Jon Bon Jovi, Robert Downey Jr., et al.

54. MOONLIGHTING (1985-89)
There was Bruce Willis, Cybil Sheppard, drama, mystery, sexual tension. Looking back, I think I was too young to watch this show. Dunno how it got past my parents, though. Lol.

60. XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS (1995-2001)

62. HOUSE (2004-present)

66. GREY'S ANATOMY (2005-present)

70. EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND (1996-2005)
Even though I can not stand the whiny Raymond, I'd still watch this show without fail.

77. THE GOLDEN GIRLS (1985-92)
In retrospect, I think this was like Sex and the City thirty or forty years later. Lol.

81. MURPHY BROWN (1988-98)
Gosh. Anyone remembered the controversy surrounded this show when Murphy became pregnant?

83. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS (1994-2005)
Eh. I've only started watching this since Astro brought in BBC Entertainment. But generally, I like anything with Jennifer Saunders (and Dawn French, also Catherine Tate. Love them!) in it. Hmmm... how come Little Britain was not included in this list?

88.
MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE (2000-06)
OMG. The family was crazy hilarious!

89. SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS (1999-present)
Spongebob's house pet amuses me. A snail that meow? Awesome! Lol.

93. QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY (2003-07)
I like anything with home decoration in it. The guys were cool, too :)

98. MACGYVER (1985-1992)
Richard Dean Anderson. As well as feeling like a ms. smarty pants after each show.


There's an underlying theme here, isn't it? But what is it? I can't put my finger on it...

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts