You live and learn. At any rate, you live.

by Douglas Adams
English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)

Apparently, we live. For now. I'm talking about that LHC-thingy that people were discussing about not 2-3 days ago. You know -- how it'll be the end of the world as we know it, etc. I started to read blog postings about it during that time, but truthfully, I wasn't paying much attention to it.

I find this article the most simplest to understand about the Large Hadron Collider, however. I do well with snark ;-)

But wait a minute, something about CERN and particles and underground tunnel seemed familiar. I must have read it somewhere, in some books. Was it Dan Brown's Angels & Demons?? 

*goes off to check*

Yes! It was. CERN was said to be the Illuminati's headquarters in that book. Not bad, eh, my memory.

Anyway, I missed the whole hullabaloo. 

I was sick, though. Maybe that's why. I was given three days off since Tuesday and was mostly in bed, sleeping. It came to a point where I was bored of sleep. The meds I had to swallow made me drowsy. 

Ah well... life goes on as it were.

I think about two days ago, Lah send us an email asking if we've seen any street peddlers selling sparklers. I couldn't say I have because I haven't really been to any Ramadan Bazaar of late. I did asked DH if he has or knows where to find it.

Just at that right moment, though, the tv news mentioned something about how the authorities managed to seize a lorry-full of sparklers and such. I suppose, that answered my question. Lol.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts