11.11.1111

Do you think people who lived in year 1111 would make it a big deal on the 11th of November? Like how we do it now in this century when we discovered a number of interesting sequences i.e. 08.08.08, and the likes.

Daisy and Cyn thought they would have. I'm not convinced myself.

If you try to search for 1111, 11/11 or 11:11, you'll find some intriguing stuff on the 'net. Some believed it to be an auspicious number, some beliefs are rather mystical, others think it's something religious.

I think I would just make a wish; that we will all survive unscathed the perceived hardships we're about to face in the near future.

However, the most important of all, I would think, is that today marked the 90th anniversary of the end of World War I. An armistice was signed between Germany and the Allies on 11 November 1918 that the war should end at 11AM that day.

Also known as the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, this day is annually honoured with a two-minutes of silence.

I don't think we were involved in WW1. WW2, yes, thanks to Japan. The Battle of Malaya was fought between 8 December 1941 to 31 January 1942. It was short but disastrous. I have to say that I am really proud of our Royal Malay Regiment.

So there you have it. From a simple wandering of minds about 11-11, I have managed to dig up something historical. Lol. I like history, btw. It was never a favourite subject while in school, though. But some how I managed to do well in exams.

Enjoice!

xoxo

Comments

SEO Analyst said…
Its good. Actually who are lived that time. It was the king period or some other..
Anonymous said…
11.11 its my birthsday as well. :)

Popular Posts