Only his father does not shuffle for the sake of shuffling

The Essential Guide to Organizing Your Home:

The wonderful guide is your solution to maintain a clutter free home. Now you can dive right in with this easy to follow, room by room guide to a clean and organized home.

Check out my Limited Time Offer.





The next time there's a birthday or any celebration that requires me to give out a card, I am SO going to handmade them myself! Except Hari Raya because you can buy it cheaply in bulk, of course.

Yesterday, I bought my dad a Father's Day card for Gramps on behalf of Mira and Wafi. Found a simple card from Hallmark. When I turned the card over to see the pricing code, it was not listed anyway, but it did say it costs 2.29 Canadian Dollars. Roughly, that should translate to RM5, I think.

Of course, you wouldn't know how much the blasted thing costs until you're at the cashier, right. Imagine my shock when the cashier rung her register for RM SIXTEEN BLOODY FORTY SEN!!

I wish I cancelled the purchase. Really. Not that I love my dad less, you understand. It's just a rip off!

Also, because the intended gift for him costs a lot less. It just doesn't make sense. Bayangkan, I bought him half a dozen of his favourite donuts -- Semi-Glaze donuts from Big Apple that costs only RM6 for a box. And yet, the card, of which will go to the dustbin sooner or later, costs more!

LOLZ!! ~gelak kebodohan...

It was just a simple card (can I not repeat this enough?) -- it's yellow in colour, with a couple of Robins at the front. The wordings inside and outside the card were simple, too. Something about how caring and giving my Dad is and how proud the grandkids were that he's their grandfather, or something. I would have thought for the price I had to pay they'll use some long serious poem by William Blake or Shakespeare :p

Bad Hallmark!

So. From this day forth, I shall start collecting pretty papers and suitable stationery to make my own cards. It'll be a fraction of the cost, I'm sure and more of a personal gift to the receipient.

For DH, Mira made a card in school and he also got himself some donuts from moi. My husband is so fond of eating nowadays, anything to do with food will make him happy. However, he was called out to work for a bit this morning by his boss. As a token, his boss bought him nasi lemak Antarabangsa (and for me too, I might add. Hehe).

We picked him up at noon and drove around Ampang for a while. He thought he'd want to bring us to the lake but it's high noon y'all. Next time lah.

I hope it's not too late to wish Happy Father's day to all the dad and dad-to-be out there.

And to my dearest Papa...
If there was ever a man
Who was generous, gracious and good
That was my dad
The man
A human being so true
He could live like a king
'Cause he knew
The real pleasure in life

To be devoted to
And always stand by me
So I’d be unafraid and free

If there was ever a man
Who was generous, gracious and good
That was my dad
The man
A human being so true
He could live like a king
'Cause he knew
The real pleasure in life

To be devoted to
And always stand by me
So I’d be unafraid and free

If there was ever a man
Who was generous, gracious and good

That was my dad

The man, The man


Song for my father, by Horace Silver

Thank you for everything!


xoxo

Comments

Anonymous said…
Uolss.. hallmark punya card kat sini rege mmg rip off tahap puakaaa....
larawannabe said…
I called merry tadi she said she once bought a card that costs rm29! gilerrr... can buy a shirt already :p

Popular Posts