Long Weekend Cooking Marathon Part 1

I made a list (and checking it twice), although I'm not sure if I'll be able to make all of them. We're not really big eaters.

The long weekend cooking marathon started with last night's dinner. I made macaroni & cheese. I used SoGood.tv's recipe found in YouTube.

It's pretty simple.

First, cook and drain some elbow macaroni. I used 250gm of a packet only. Put it in a deep dish suitable for baking, set aside.

For the sauce, you melt 4 tablespoon of butter and then add 4 tablespoon of flour. Whisk until lumps are removed. Then pour in 2.5 cups of milk, whisk for a few minutes until thickened.

I added a cup of chopped button mushrooms right about now. Just because I like it. Lol.

Then you add some spices, i.e. 1 teaspoon of mustard (the recipe calls for dry, but you can use wet ones too), 1 teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce as well as salt and pepper to taste. Whisk for a bit and then add 2.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese to the mix, whisk some more until it all melted.

Now you can pour it into your macaroni dish; smother every inch of it. Sprinkle about half cup of shredded cheddar cheese and about a tablespoon of bread crumbs on top.

Bake in 375F / 190C for 35 minutes and ... Voilá!




DH likes it, Mira not quite. She prefers tomato base pasta. I like it fine, but next time I'm going to use more spices to give it more taste. Probably should have used Cukup Rasa kot.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts