He laughed, and I was pretty sure it was AT me and not WITH me.

Let's talk about more vampires shall we!

While I was lurking around the forums lately, there were some discussions and recommendations made on other vampire books and series. One that was highly recommended was the Vampire Academy series written by Richelle Mead. There were five books in the series at the moment, with one last book coming out in December.

Another Young Adult book. Dunno why I'm reading those. Living out my misspent teen years maybe? Ha!

I've started reading them a week ago and I'm hooked. I'm about three quarters in reading book no. 4. I've done practically nothing these two days but reading them. That wasn't my plans for these long weekends. But I can't put the book down. I like the characters and the stories -- a bit action/adventure with romance mixed in.

Here's the excerpt from the official website:
Two races of vampires walk our world. The Moroi are alive and wield elemental magical, while the Strigoi are undead and evil--feeding on the innocent to survive. Rose Hathaway--a half-vampire with poor impulse control--is training to be a bodyguard for a Moroi princess. Learning to decapitate and stake is hard enough, but Rose's real danger may lie in an illicit romance with one of her instructors...

I'm not sure when will I ever start reading Anne Rice... always getting distracted.

Anyhow, I'm off tomorrow. The plan was to just lay low but it appears that I have a few things to do. Like dropping by Mira's ex-school to officially cancel her placement there, going to the bank, buying groceries, etc.

I'm also thinking of dropping by P1 for them to check on my Wiggy. Something's not right with it. It has gone wonky and pretty unstable at times. Just the thought of driving all the way there... ugh! But maybe if I do it in the morning it wouldn't be that bad. Hmmm...

Oh, news! Last month, EW had this contest to find the Ultimate Sexy Beast. Towards the end, the two left standing was Edward Cullen and Damon Salvatore. The winner was announced a few days ago. And guess who win?

Damon Salvatore! Woot! It would ten kinds of wrong if Edward won that title, really. Haha!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts