When the student is ready, the master appears.

At this juncture, a lot of things happened for a reason, I feel.

I started thinking about Mira's education a long time ago. I like to plan. Planning is fun. Hehe. So I thought out 1,001 kind of 'strategies'. This without knowing her strength, weakness and her aspirations. Looking back, our basis aren't that far different, thank God.

At first, I thought I'd like to send her to a chinese school. For no reason other then so she can learn mandarin. I don't particularly like their system, so yes, you can say that's a feeble excuse. Then I worry about who'll be able to tutor her at home because neither of us (the parents) knows chinese.

But that idea was on top of my list for a long time. I also toyed with the idea of sending her to Bintang Utara, but thinking about driving her to school at dawn quickly kills it. I gave in to my laziness with a decision to just register her to the school behind my dad's house.

That was why I enrolled Mira in their pre-school class, thinking it'll be a good transition period for her. But she doesn't like it there, finds it hard to assimilate. I was very worried.

At about the same time, I was offered a new job and suddenly I can see so much clearer!

When I made my decision, the registration window was so narrow. And the registration queue was long. I wasn't sure we'll get in seeing others have started to register their kids a year or two prior. I waited in tenterhooks for the letter to arrive.

The school placement confirmation letter from the Ministry arrived last week.

Next year, Mira will be going here for primary 1:

Convent Bukit Nanas | Source: wikimedia.org

I would have sent her to my old school if it weren't torn down to make way for Pavilion -_- That's where my late mom went to school, and then me and Kim as well. We're the only BBGSians in our families (maternal side). Majority of them went to CBN. Three of her cousins (kalau betul-betul pangkat nieces lah) are still there, too.

An all girls school uols! I don't have to worry about her secondary schooling 6 years down the road either.

She's placed in school 2, eventhough I requested for school 1. At first I thought of submitting an appeal to change it, but decided to just let it be je lah. Nasib baik tak dapat SK Kg Baru ke kan.

Besides, I don't really have a strong case to make an appeal. They're the same school, in the same building, just different Admin office. I can't even use 'I prefer morning school' any more as they're both in the same session.

School 2 it is. I went to confirm our acceptance today over lunch.

So... can I go buy her school uniform now? Hehe!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts