The night before exam is like a night before Christmas. You can't sleep, and yet hope for a miracle.

UPSR 2016...

The exam format has been announced recently. I find this strange because didn't the MOE thought about this out when they first decide to introduce the KSSR syllabus back then? It should be thorough, right? Or this is just the way I think? ;-p

At least, they should have it firmed up and ready when the first batch started their Tahap 2 lah kan.

Anyhow, I don't foresee Mira getting any As, inikan pulak 6As. She might surprise me though, who knows. I'm not being a pessimist but I do know my daughter well enough. She doesn't give a rat's ass about school.

She may be dyslexic, but she is bright. And I'm not only saying this because she's my daughter. She has a talent to memorize things just by visual and by ear. However, she only applies her 'talent' on things she loves. Studies, unfortunately, is not one of them.

I have constructed a study plan for her finals. My hope is for her to at least pass her exams lah. We even discussed the hows and stuffs. I even give her a pep talk, just to keep her motivation high.

But here's the thing. If the plan is for her to study a subject for an hour a day, I find myself having to give her pep talks for 45 minutes out of the hour. Because within the first 10 minutes after we started, she'll become unhappy. The next 5 minutes, I will start to get agitated that I have to stop before I turned into the wicked stepmother.

How else can I help her see that SHE CAN do it? That she needs to find her own style of learning? I can help only so much. That she has the brains, that she is a bright girl, and that she's not stupid?

She can do it, you guys. Essay writing and maths is a different story lah but for the rest of the subjects I know she can score. But tu lah... the person herself doesn't believe she can. How?

That is all.


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts