A little 'bonjour' goes a long way

Before

After


I did it! A week after my last post, I cleaned up my table. It's a bit more organised now.

I've been meaning to write another entry to post two weeks ago. Next thing I know, a month has passed. LOL.

We are 11 days into the 2nd CMCO now. Since after the Sabah state election, Covid-19 cases have been arising, majorly in Sabah, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor & Putrajaya. This CMCO Part Deux is for 14 days, started from the 14th of this month. However, looking at the current situation, I think it'll be extended for at least another 2 weeks. 

Sigh.

We're just starting to have some normalcy in our lives. 

Have you watched "Emily in Paris", yet? The show reminded me of Sex and the City - they were created by the same person: Darren Star. I watched it while tolerating the clichéd portrayals of the characters. I am entertained though. I practically binge watched it over 3 days.

This morning, I was in a workshop over Zoom. It was on how to create your personal brand on LinkedIn. I really enjoyed it and hoping to find other workshops like these in the future for self development. It wasn't that expensive too.

I am relieved to note that upon searching my name, my socials are not listed under the search results. My conscious decision to separate my RL and online identity from the start seems to be working. At least, at a glance. Heh.

I'm trying to figuring out my career path. Been thinking how do I move forward, where do I go from here, what am I good at? I am one paper away from graduating with a degree in HRM. However, my passion in HR has dwindled. I no longer wants to be a HR practitioner. I want to do something that I enjoy, that doesn't feel like a chore; and one that I can still do even when I retire. 

I have garnered many skills throughout my career and since I am very hands-on, I am not shy to learn new things. But, this is making me a "Jack of all trades, master of none".

Recently, I tried to apply for a position that matched my experience. Actually, I was recommended by a friend whom I've worked with previously. She saw my potential but alas... the company rejected me, saying my background is very administrative. I felt like all the good and big things I've done so far seemed worthless. 

So yes, I'm taking these 2-3 years to figure out how I want to position myself by the time I turned 50. I've purchased some courses on Udemy, and I want to work on my Korean language as well as French (since my daughter is learning this for IGCSE).  



#LinkedIn #Udemy #Zoom #EmilyinParis #SexandtheCity
 

Comments

Popular Posts