Between a Rock and a Hard Place

 



We are under the MCO again. I can't even remember when it started right now because it seems like it never stopped? I mean, since the cases started to rise again (the positive cases are in the thousands now!), I've been mostly working from home and staying at home diligently. 


(Ok, I've checked - MCO since 13 January and to end in 9 days, but who are we kidding?)


However, this MCO ain't like the previous MCO. Businesses are allowed to operate. Even though the government said only essentials are allowed to operate, we're seeing other non-essential businesses opening. But at the same time, we're asked to stay home. It's like BAU but not really. 


Frankly, I can't predict where I'll be in the next 2-3 months. I've things to do for work, but the places I've to go to are outside of my 10km radius. My consultant is in a limbo. And so far, we do not see anything in the pipeline because the economy is volatile and companies aren't really hiring (but the gomen said BAU?).


Inasmuch as I understand how the country's economy has to move for everyone's survival, and how we have to try to live our lives as normal as we can within the SOP; I am afraid of the virus, too. The fact that there is no cure is scary. I have underlying health conditions, thus my risk for it to become severe is high. 


But I have commitments y'all. If we don't have sales, eventually we won't be able to pay salaries.


I'm trying to be as calm as possible, but the current situation is giving me anxiety, really.


When will this end? (An acquaintance predicted it'll be by April 2022...)



Comments

Popular Posts