But I thought that we were starting over

Last month, I didn't realised I posted twice. I was very impressed with myself, thought I will do the same in February, too. But alas, a lot of it was written in my head, as is often the case.



In November last year, I wrote about getting enough sleep to heal my body. I am happy to report, on average, I get a good 7 hours sleep. I don't think I will be able to achieve this without help from the sun.


I've also learned about the benefit of vitamin D that you get from the sun. I have been following a group of people who calls themselves "Kultus Matahari" to learn more about it. Getting a good sleep and enriching yourself with vitamin D for good health is interrelated. 


No, they're not a cult. I think the name was used as a way to poke fun at those who dismissed them without getting to know the science behind it. I got to know about it when one of the lady I followed on Twitter posted stuff about sunning, resetting your circadian rhythm, leptin and reversing your insulin resistance. I was intrigued and read more about it.


I can't quite remember when I started, but I've been getting my sunrise and morning sun, as well as afternoon sun and sunset as often as I can. I haven't tried sunning at noon yet since you have to give it sometime to build your sun callus. Maybe I'll try it after my birthday :)


Yes, all of this without using sunscreen. Hence, building your sun callus.


Since I started, I'd wake up automatically at sunrise without needing the alarm. I still need to read on how to and what is leptin reset, though. From first reading, I find it tedious. LOL. I am currently looking at how to follow the GAP diet. I believe this is easy because it is what I eat on the daily.


I do believe fixing my body clock is the key for a healthier body and way of life. I shall try my best to improve. May Allah grant his blessing on my effort.


Aamiin.



#kultusmatahari #circadianrhtyhm #leptinreset #GAPdiet #livinghealthy


Comments

Popular Posts